Looking for ways to save money heating your home? As the days get shorter and the weather gets cooler, it’s a good thing to start thinking about especially here in Minnesota!
Minnesota winters are cold and long, which means home heating bills can add up pretty high for many families. But there are many ways you can trim your bill and make your home more comfortable even on the shortest, coldest days!
Here are 10 ways you can save money heating your home:
(1) First, check out all the hundreds of dollars of possible rebates you can get from your energy provider!
For example, Minnesota Energy Resources customers can qualify for rebates for:
- upgrading to a high efficiency natural gas furnace or boiler
- installing a programmable or smart/advanced thermostat
- installing an energy efficient gas hearth or fireplace
- improving the air sealing and insulation in your home!
These rebates can range from $25 to $650 and you definitely don’t want to miss out! There are other rebates available for energy efficiency upgrades as well – learn all about them here!