I am NOT impressed that the “Black Friday” deals are starting as early as 8pm on Thanksgiving this year.
In the last couple years we’ve seen the 5am Black Friday openers turn into 4am, then 3am, then midnight. Now the big box stores are opening on Thanksgiving in the evening while we otherwise would all lay around, stuffed from having just finished our huge meals.
All You Magazine shared these sale start times:
- Walmart, 8 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, select Black Friday deals
- Kmart, 8 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, select Black Friday deals
- Sears, 8 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, select Black Friday deals
- Toys R Us, 8 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, with free goody bags for the first 200 shoppers in line at each store and another door-buster deal at 5 a.m. on Black Friday
- Target, 9 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, select Black Friday deals
Best Buy, Macy’s and Kohl’s will all open their doors at midnight on Black Friday. [Read more…]