Do you have an Elf on the Shelf? Wondering what to do with it during Christmastime?
Here is a FREE printable list of ideas, plus a blank calendar you can use to plan!
There are over 30 ideas on this list.
You can print the PDF at the end of this post.
The ideas include these:
- Elf has just arrived! Use powdered sugar and tiny Elf footprints to lead the kids to a partially opened box filled with sweet Christmas treats and your Elf who also brought along an arrival letter!
- Elf makes everyone a bowl of Elf Cereal for breakfast, with green elf milk! (using food coloring
- Elf is caught enjoying chocolates in the pantry
- Elf takes a sElfie and makes it a screensaver on all of your devices
- Elf hosts a fun hot cocoa bar party
- Elf drew funny faces on your bananas
- Stick a “Ball Pit” sign on a jar and fill it with Christmas pom poms and your Elf
- Elf made a snow angel (using glitter and icing sugar)
- Uh oh! Your Elf took a funny selfie and made it the screensaver on every phone and computer in the house
- Elf whips up a batch of elf-sized mini pancakes for breakfast!
- Elf is helping with doing the laundry
- Elf has fun reading “Elf: The Classic Illustrated Storybook” or another book with his toy friends
- Elf leaves all the cupboards open and blames the kids!
- Watch the Elf movie with your Elf. Don’t forget to to make treats to enjoy
- Stick Elf inside of a toilet paper roll and roll it down the stairs
- Elf installs the “Santa Cam” so Santa can see whether the kids are being naughty or nice
- Elf has decorated all of the eggs in the fridge (draw and/or use Christmas stickers
- Elf is ready to go sledding using his candy cane sled
- Elf is tied on on the train tracks and needs help!
- Elf is hiking up the Christmas tree
- Elf enjoys a bubble bath (using cotton balls) with your kids’ favorite toys
- Use Elf as a Christmas tree bauble by stuffing him in a clear bauble
- Elf attends a masked party with his friends. Can anyone spot him in the crowd?
- Elf builds a snowman using toilet paper rolls while watching the movie Frozen
- Elf hides a few sweet treats under cups for your kids to find
- Elf enjoys a sack race with his friends
- Elf is caught red handed eating cookies from the cookie jar!
- Elf is engaged in a snow fight (using cubed sugar and mini marshmallows) with his toy friends
- Elf goes fishing (using Goldfish crackers)…in the sink!
- Elf hosts a fun scavenger hunt
- Elf messes up all of the beds in the house while trying to find a comfortable place to sleep, only to end up taking a nap on his own elf bed
- Elf makes a garland for the Christmas tree out of cereal hoops
- Elf got in to the gingerbread house kit at night and wrote a special message using icing for the kids
- Elf is feeling especially artsy so he decides to color festive elf coloring pages
- Elf has an upset tummy from enjoying too many sweets! He goes #2 in the toilet (using chocolate chips or cocoa puffs)
- Elf watches as the family bakes Christmas cookies
- It’s time for Elf to head back to the North Pole. Use powdered sugar and tiny Elf footprints to lead the kids to a letter left by Elf as well as a “Good Bye” message written using mini marshmallows
The calendar is blank for you to use again and again each year.
Need an Elf on the Shelf?
Find more on Amazon:
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that help support this site at no cost to you. All opinions are 100% mine.)