This Banana Streusel Muffins Recipe is another great use for those leftover, “dead” bananas you have laying around. These get eaten within 1-2 days in our house.
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
Mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Stir in melted butter or margarine until all moist.
2 medium-sized ripe bananas
1/3 cup + 1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Make Streusel topping; set aside.
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottoms of 12 medium muffin cups with butter.
3. Blend 1/3 cup milk, oil and egg in blender. Put in large bowl. In another bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients all at once until flour is moistened. Add remaining 1/4 cup milk if needed to moisten batter.
4. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon topping.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand in pan about 5 minutes, then remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or store in airtight container.
Let us know what you think of my Banana Streusel Muffins Recipe below.