It’s Labor Day! There are MANY things to do in the Twin Cities area this weekend.
Here are five ideas:
1. Visit the Minnesota State Fair. Last day is Labor Day so if you’re looking for fun things to do in the Twin Cities on Labor Day Weekend, it’s a great option! It’s “Kids & Last Chance Day” and all horse shoes & rodeos are free! Kids ages 5-12 are only $7 (discounted from $10) and like every day, kids under 5 are free!
2. Visit the Minnesota Zoo. Last day to see the dolphins (they’ve moved since this post) and the Dinosaurs (for the Dinosaurs, $4 each admission, children under 2 are free)! Since this post, they have more and more to see. Check out their website to see what they have in store for things to do this Labor Day Weekend.
3. Visit Historic Fort Snelling and the Sibley House Historic Site for special event “Life in the 1800s from Cradle to Grave.” Open 10-5 today. A free shuttle will be available between each site.
4. Check out sales for Labor Day at thrift stores which have 50% off clothing, shoes and home items. (Savers is one of my favorites.)
5. Visit a beach, park, or just grill in your own backyard or with friends! It’s a beautiful, warm day and there are many great outdoor sites in the Twin Cities area. I like the Three Rivers Park District – check out their website for a park near you.
While you’re at it, check out these fun facts on Labor Day and why we celebrate it!
What are some fun things to do in the Twin Cities on Labor Day Weekend that your family enjoys? Share below.