Meet the Twin Cities Frugal Mom team!
Greetings! I’m Lisa, founder and owner of TwinCitiesFrugalMom.com!
I grew up in Duluth, MN and have lived in the Twin Cities area since 2004. My family does our best to provide and save for the future. We’re like many families – we want to be money-wise but also have fun!
The Twin Cities are so rich in art, music, culture & entertainment, there are so many choices when it comes to retail, and there is no shortage of ways to have fun on your own or with friends and family. But with so many people losing their jobs and homes here (and elsewhere) in recent years, and with prices constantly creeping up, we all have had to find ways to live on less.
Plus, from 2006 – 2008 our family paid off $25,000 in debt, and we have stayed (mostly!) debt-free since.
So in 2008 I thought, hey, how about creating a site where I can share ideas for how to save money while still enjoying all the metro area has to offer?
I love blogging about frugal living, fun (and free or cheap!) things to do with the kids in the Twin Cities area, deals I find, thrift store shopping, travel (especially in the midwest), and of course, parenthood!
Businesses and brands! This is a PR-friendly site! Please visit my PR page for information.
A few more random things about me:
- Over the years I’ve done many local TV segments and speaking engagements which I love! I’ve been on Twin Cities Live, WCCO, local channel 12 (CCX Media), and even the Weather Channel. You can find many of my segments on the WCCO website (or just search “Twin Cities Frugal Mom WCCO”). One of my favorite segments is “Hidden Gems for Families in the Metro.”
- I’m an active member of the Midwest Travel Network as a travel writer. I LOVE travel, and am especially passionate about inspiring families to explore the many gems we have here throughout the midwest! (Though I wouldn’t turn down a travel writing opportunity in Hawaii or Disney World! Lol)
- I do speaking engagements. I’ve done both speaking in-person and via Zoom, most often for local parent groups and libraries. Topics include saving money, making extra money (starting a side business) and more.
- I’ve gone from married to divorced/single to engaged, so from experience I know the difficult transition of divorce and how it affects parents in all ways, especially financially.
- I have 2 Bachelor’s degrees: a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology (University of Minnesota – Duluth), and a Bachelor’s Degree in Music (University of Wisconsin – Superior).
- I run 3 Facebook groups: Minnesota Money-Saving Moms, Minnesota Holiday Lights, and Minnesota Hidden Gems (my newest)
- In addition to owning this blog, I’m a professional musician and composer. You can hear my music for free on Pandora – just search for “Lisa Baker.” Also, for a relaxing little escape, watch my music video “Beneath the Blue.”
- I also co-founded the Twin Cities Kids Club and built and grew the business from January 2015 – August 2017, but for various reasons am no longer associated with them.
- On a personal note, I love anything having to do with the north woods, I carry around more lip balms than I ever need, and oh, I have an incurable weakness for Nutella and mochas!
I invite comments, ideas and feedback so please feel free to contact me!
For PR information and my Disclosure Policy, please visit my PR and Disclosure Policy page.
And introducing Nell from Pink Parasol Photography –
Official Portrait Photography Partner for Twin Cities Frugal Mom
I am excited to introduce Nell from Pink Parasol Photography, my official photography partner! If you are looking for a photographer in the Twin Cities for anything from maternity to newborn to family to modern glamour for yourself, I highly recommend Nell. She has been by far the best photographer I’ve worked with, has an amazing portfolio and she is a mom of 4 herself!
Read about my first photo shoot experience with Nell here.
And save on your first photo session with Nell with this exclusive discount!
To contact Lisa, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!