Meet the Twin Cities Frugal Mom team!
Greetings! I’m Lisa, founder and owner of TwinCitiesFrugalMom.com!
I grew up in Duluth, MN and have lived in the Twin Cities area since 2004. My family does our best to provide and save for the future. We’re like many families – we want to be money-wise but also have fun!
The Twin Cities are so rich in art, music, culture & entertainment, there are so many choices when it comes to retail, and there is no shortage of ways to have fun on your own or with friends and family. But with so many people losing their jobs and homes here (and elsewhere) in recent years, and with prices constantly creeping up, we all have had to find ways to live on less.
Plus, from 2006 – 2008 our family paid off $25,000 in debt, and we have stayed (mostly!) debt-free since.
So in 2008 I thought, hey, how about creating a site where I can share ideas for how to save money while still enjoying all the metro area has to offer?
I love blogging about frugal living, fun (and free or cheap!) things to do with the kids in the Twin Cities area, deals I find, thrift store shopping, and of course, parenthood!
Businesses and brands! This is a PR-friendly site! Please visit my PR page for information.
A few more random things about me:
- Over the years I’ve done many local TV segments and speaking engagements which I love! I’ve been on Twin Cities Live, WCCO, local channel 12 (CCX Media), and even the Weather Channel. You can find many of my segments on the WCCO website (or just search “Twin Cities Frugal Mom WCCO”). One of my favorite segments is “Hidden Gems for Families in the Metro.”
- I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology (University of Minnesota – Duluth), and a Bachelor’s Degree in Music (University of Wisconsin – Superior).
- I run 3 Facebook groups: Minnesota Money-Saving Moms, Minnesota Holiday Lights, and Minnesota Hidden Gems (my newest)
- In addition to owning this blog, I’m a professional musician and composer. You can hear my music for free on Pandora – just search for “Lisa Baker.” Also, for a relaxing little escape, watch my music video “Beneath the Blue.”
- I also co-founded the Twin Cities Kids Club and built and grew the business from January 2015 – August 2017, but am no longer associated with them.
- On a personal note, I love anything having to do with the north woods, I carry around more lip balms than I ever need, and oh, I have an incurable weakness for Nutella and mochas!
I invite comments, ideas and feedback so please feel free to contact me!
For PR information and my Disclosure Policy, please visit my PR and Disclosure Policy page.
Meet Kelly – Guest Fitness Blogger for Twin Cities Frugal Mom
(Read Kelly’s articles here)
I am so excited to be a part of the Twin Cities Frugal Mom community!
I currently live in Woodbury, Minnesota with my family. I have been married for 7 years to my wonderful husband, Caleb. He is a financial advisor, who has taught me so many miracle concepts about managing our family’s income and also why frugal living is the key to achieve many long-term financial goals.
We also have two amazing daughters, Clara (2, who was born on our wedding anniversary) and Presley (4, who was born on our engagement anniversary), who both love reading, art projects, dancing and anything princess related!
Becoming a mother changed my life in many ways. Life was not only got busier and but also more joyful than ever before. Early in my motherhood journey, I began developing a passion to help other mothers and families thrive in living a balanced, healthy, active lifestyle by helping provide resources, ideas and positive encouragement to others.
The best advice I can give is that it’s not about how or when you start, it’s just important that you DO start and starting small is actually a key factor into building a healthier and more active lifestyle long-term.
And introducing Nell from Pink Parasol Photography –
Official Portrait Photography Partner for Twin Cities Frugal Mom
I am excited to introduce Nell from Pink Parasol Photography, my official photography partner! If you are looking for a photographer in the Twin Cities for anything from maternity to newborn to family to modern glamour for yourself, I highly recommend Nell. She has been by far the best photographer I’ve worked with, has an amazing portfolio and she is a mom of 4 herself!
Read about my first photo shoot experience with Nell here.
And save on your first photo session with Nell with this exclusive discount!
To contact Lisa, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!