I have so much to share about the Crayola Experience!!!
First, BIG NEWS! National Crayon Day is coming up March 31st, and to celebrate, the Crayola Experience is giving away a million crayons!
Each Crayola Experience location will give away 6,250 boxes. But that’s not all.
When guests pick up their box, they’ll also be able to fill it with their own choice of crayons from the store’s 40 ft. by 8 ft. “Pick Your Pack” wall holding nearly half a million crayons!
You have to sign up in advance though.
Right now you can sign up on the Crayola Experience website to get a free custom box of 32 crayons at one of the five Crayola Experience locations around the country. The Mall of America location is one of them.
“Opening up a box of crayons is like visiting Crayola Experience—it opens up a world of imagination and hours of fun, which is why we thought this would be a great way to celebrate this unofficial holiday,” said Victoria Lozano, EVP-Digital Strategy & GM Attractions & Retail of Crayola.
Time slots begin on March 31. Sign up is on a first come, first serve basis. Limit one (1) box per household. No purchase necessary. Additional restrictions apply. See www.crayolaexperience.com/mall-of-america for details and to register.
BUT – don’t get your tickets there! Be sure to get them from my affiliate store online for the LOWEST price!
Our Visit and GET THE LOWEST-PRICED TICKETS!!!!
We visited on March 19th, and had a blast! Everything is cleaned constantly and you get a bag of crayons when you come in, so you don’t need to share any. The bag also includes tokens and a voucher for a Scribble Scrubbie to pick up in the store and keep.
A few things to note:
- They can only have 250 people in the store at one time due to social distancing right now. That includes employees.
- Because of the social distancing, they have timed entry when you buy tickets, but if you’re a member, you can show up anytime. You may have to wait a bit in line but when we went the line moved quickly.
- They have a CLEAR BAG policy. They sell clear bags for $2 but they don’t have lockers for your stuff. The mall does for $6 to rent but I suggest using your own clear bag or bringing only enough to fit in one.
Despite the restrictions, our visit felt the same as previous visits, but with more space because there are no crowds!
My kids and I enjoyed making our own crayons.
They have two new activities including Texture CRAYze and Outside the Box.
At Texture CRAYze you can color a shape or pattern by putting the paper over the stencil and coloring it.
Outside the Box shows where crayons and other Crayola products come from.
Get the LOWEST-PRICED tickets via my link!!!!!
I’m proud to partner with the Crayola Experience to continue to offer the LOWEST-PRICED tickets via my special online store. You can get tickets for $17.50 vs. $22.99 – $24.99, every day! Elsewhere you have to pay $18.50 or higher.
Here’s how to get the discount tickets year-round:
- Just click on my personalized online store web link (URL) and enter the access code TCFM. (Or visit https://tickets.crayolaexperience.com and enter my personalized store name: Twin Cities Frugal Mom)
- You’ll be able to purchase and print the tickets right away, saving you time waiting at the entrance turnstiles and bypassing ticket booth lines!
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that help support this site at no cost to you. All opinions are 100% mine.)