Have fun creating this Valentine Pop-Up Box with your child or student while they learn fine motor skills and get a chance to experiment with a paper spring. Open the box and a cute creature pops out with a heart just for you!
Check it out:
- Two printable pages provided HERE
- Two pages of cardstock
- Glue stick
Directions for Valentine Pop Up Box Craft!
1. Print both pages out on card stock.
Print both pages here.
2. Cut out the box along all sides, including tabs.
3. Fold all tabs down along dotted lines.
4. Fold lines between all box sides, lid and bottom down.
5. Apply glue to front of Tab A and adhere it to inside of box bottom.
6. Repeat this step with Tabs B and C
7. Apply glue to front of Tab D and adhere to inside of adjacent box side.
8. Cut out the animal.
9. Cut out the 4 pink strips.
10. Glue 2 strips together, overlapping the ends to form a right angle.
11. Fold the bottom strip over the top, keeping the pieces tight and the angle squared evenly.
12. Do the same thing with the other strip.
13. Continue folding the lower strip over the top one, until you reach the end.
14. Apply a dab of glue to the ends and attach the remaining 2 strips.
15. Keep going. When you have finished your paper spring, glue the last ends together.
16. Center and attach the animal to the very top. You may need to slightly bend the top or bottom of the animal to curve back to make sure it isn’t touching the box sides.
17. Apply glue to the bottom of your spring, then glue it to the center of the inside bottom of the box.
18. Experiment with the spring to make the animal pop out in different ways. Try making a longer or shorter spring to see the differences.
19. What about creating your own creature or object to glue on the top of the spring? Use your imagination and have fun.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
For more Valentine fun:
Free Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search Puzzle!
Click to print HERE! This will open a PDF in a new window that you can send to your printer.
Print out as many copies as you wish for your kids and anyone who might enjoy this. It has words like hearts, hugs, and chocolate (my favorite!) so you can enjoy it too!
Try this Adorable Sloth Valentine Paper Craft!
And these fun Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs!