Sloths are super cute and popular – have your kids let you know this yet?
Mine have! So much that we had to see one at SeaQuest in Roseville, MN when they opened in 2019, which was so much fun. (Psst: You can get a great deal for admission and a 15-minute sloth interaction for $25 per person right now. Check out their current deals!)
If your kids love sloths like mine do, here’s a super easy, fun sloth paper craft for them to do for Valentine’s Day, or anytime they want to show some sloth love!
You’ll need some simple supplies like colored craft/construction papers, glue, and scissors. I’ve provided the free printable template and instructions below!
Sloth Hugging Valentine Craft
List of Supplies:
- Colored craft papers
- Craft glue
- Sloth Valentine Craft Template – Print here!
Select craft papers for the sloth pattern. We’re using light brown colored craft paper for the body and hand patterns and a slightly different shade of brown paper for the eye patches. Use cream colored paper for the face (round shape) and the half-circular shape (chest).
- Cut out the traced patterns nicely. (Remember to print out the free pattern here.)
2. Stick the eye patch pattern on both sides of the round shape, keeping the round edges facing towards each other, inside. Stick the half-circular pattern on the upper side of the body pattern, right below the head.
3. Use scissors to trim the extra sides of the eye patch patterns and align them with the round shape nicely.
4. Stick the round shape in the middle of the head part.
5. Stick the hands with the body pattern towards the inside.
6. Glue the hands only along the outer edge to keep the rest of the hand patterns free.
7. Trim the sides of the hand patterns and align them with the body pattern. Use a sharpie to draw the eyes, nose and mouth of the paper craft sloth.
8. Trace and cut out a small heart shape from a colored craft paper of your choice. Slide the heart shape under the hands of the sloth paper-craft.