It’s been a rough 2020, but 2021 will start out with some fabulous opportunities for safe COVID fun, including the St. Paul Winter Carnival!
Yes – the St. Paul Winter Carnival is still happening this winter!
The Saint Paul Winter Carnival is celebrating its 135th year in 2021, and they have a NEW attraction – the Drive-Thru Ice & Snow Sculpture Park!
UPDATE 1/28/21: We went opening night – see our review here:
Tickets for this drive-thru event will go on sale on Tuesday, Dec. 29th at 8 a.m. so hurry and get your ticket!
Ticket prices start at $20 per vehicle and benefit the Saint Paul Festival & Heritage Foundation, the 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization that produces “The Coolest Celebration on Earth™.”
Drive-Thru Ice & Snow Sculpture Park
This new drive-thru experience combines TWO of the Winter Carnival’s signature events – the Ice Carving Competition and the Snow Sculpture Contest. It will be each day of the Carnival – January 28th – February 7th, 2021, at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
Do you love swag bags as much as I do?
Check this out – Each general admission vehicle pass includes a UCare or Xcel Energy swag bag filled with goodies PLUS a chance to win prizes through ‘I Spy’ BINGO and the opportunity to buy treats along the way.
Be sure to use the Winter Carnival app to participate in Winter Carnival Trivia, too.
Most days will have a special theme reflected by the contents of the VIP Package goody bags (be sure to get the VIP ticket for these!):
- Friday, Jan. 29 and Friday, Feb. 5 – Northern Soda Days
- Guests will receive a four-pack of locally made Northern Soda, koozies, and twisty straws!
- Saturday, Jan. 30 – Crayola Experience Family Day
- The colorful contents of this goody bag include two passes to Crayola Experience Mall of America, activity packs, two GoGo squeeZ pouches, and other snacks.
- Sunday, Jan. 31 – National Hot Chocolate Day
- Bring a thermos of hot water and mix up some fresh hot chocolate for your drive with this goody package. You’ll receive two mugs, hot chocolate mix, and Milkman chocolate milk.
- Tuesday, Feb. 2 – THE CROODS: A NEW AGE Day
- To celebrate the release of THE CROODS: A NEW AGE on 4K, Digital and DVD, goody bags will include a movie snack pack including popcorn and candy, plus cool Croods swag.
- Thursday, Feb. 4 – Saint Paul Saints Day
- Commemorate the hometown team’s Triple-A affiliate distinction with two new Saints caps. Along the route, you’ll be entertained by the team’s ushertainers and you may even spot the infamous Mudonna!
- Saturday, Feb. 6 – Minnesota Twins Day
- Tip your hat to the AL Central Division Champions with one of the two Twins beanies you’ll receive in this day’s goody bag.
- Saturday, Feb. 6 – Vulcan Torchlight Night (after 5:30 p.m.)
- The Vulcan Krewe will fire-up the night with special attractions, firetrucks, and performances.
- Sunday, Feb. 7 – Minnesota Made Day
- Enjoy the Sculpture Park while you nosh on locally made treats.
The Saint Paul Winter Carnival Drive-Thru Ice & Snow Sculpture Park is January 28th – February 7th, 2021.
Timed ticket slots will be available every 30 minutes for the hours below.
Mondays – Thursdays 4 – 9:30 p.m.
Fridays 12 – 10 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Minnesota State Fairgrounds. Enter off Como Avenue. Event entrance is on the Ecolab Welcome Lot (Midway).
Tickets go on sale Tuesday, Dec. 29 at 8 a.m. online at www.wintercarnival.com.
General Admission: $20 per vehicle (plus service fee)
Includes access for one vehicle plus UCare or Xcel Energy swag bag
Vulcan Torchlight Night – Feb. 6: $35 per vehicle (plus service fee)
Includes access for one vehicle after 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 6, plus one swag bag.
VIP Admission: $35 per vehicle (plus service fee)
Includes VIP lane access for one vehicle, a Winter Carnival ice scraper, an exclusive theme package, and one UCare or Xcel Energy swag bag filled with goodies.
Bus Admission – Feb. 3: $50 per vehicle (plus service fee)
10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (must be pre-approved)