It’s that time of year, Holiday Bonus Gift Card Offers! Many Restaurants (and some retailers) will offer bonus deals when you buy gift cards. Use the bonus for yourself or pass it on as a gift too. Either way, now is the time to stock up! Most are available till the end of the year, unless otherwise noted.
Thanks to Mission to Save for many of these listings!
Tips for maximizing your gift card savings!
First, FIND THE DEALS!
- Check my list below – I’ve listed all the bonus deals I could find for restaurants, retailers and attractions.
- Check directly with your favorite store, and sign up to receive emails from your favorite retailers and restaurants! Often, exclusive deals are offered for customers and subscribers. For example, Sportsmans Guide is offering its subscribers a FREE $50 gift card with the purchase of $150 or more on Monday, December 10th only.
- If you have a Target REDCard, wait to buy gift cards from Target until early December when in previous years they have had gift card discounts! Last year you could save 5% on specialty cards with your REDCard the second week in December (this excludes all Target gift cards).
- Consider buying discounted gift cards from such sites as GiftCardGranny.com, CardCash.com and Swagbucks.com. (I LOVE Swagbucks for earning free gift cards or buying gift cards at a discount!) You can save up to 30% on gift cards from places like Target, Best Buy, Kohl’s, Victoria’s Secret, GameStop, Old Navy and many more.
Then, STRETCH THE DEALS FURTHER!
- Combine deals – for example, first buy a discounted gift card. Then use that gift card online and use a promo code to save on your purchase. (I always use retailmenot.com to find current promo codes.) Also be sure to take advantage of free shipping, which you can get at almost every website.
- Pair gift card gifts with coupons for that retailer or restaurant. That way the gift recipient can stretch their gift card even further! For example, some gift card deals include coupons. For example, in the past, Savers has offered a coupon for $5 off a $15 purchase with every $30 or more you buy in gift cards.
- Overall – with all the ways to save, you should be able to save money and avoid paying full price for gift cards!
Keep your gift cards safe!
- Treat gift cards like cash – because if you lose them, there is often little you can do.
- That’s why it’s important to also keep the receipt for gift cards you buy, or even to take a picture of the card number.
- Retailers love selling gift cards because they know that many gift cards do not get used completely. So be sure to use yours! Now’s a great time of year to use them – if nothing else, buy a gift with those unused gift cards you have sitting around your house!
- Most gift cards have no expiration date, but some cards do, like VISA gift cards. After a set period of time, like a year, they can start deducting a small fee from the card’s value each month that it’s not used up. So use your VISA prepaid cards – and tell your recipient to use theirs by the expiration date!
You can get discounted gift cards at Costco if you’re a member! Some of their best ones are movie theater gift cards (like AMC) and Build-a-Bear Workshop (get four $25 e-gift cards for $69.99).
Sam’s Club Member?
Same here – if you’re a Sam’s Club member you can save big on gift cards! For example, get 3 $15 Panera gift cards for $42.78!
Not a member but want to be! Check out these great deals on memberships at Groupon.com!
Hotels are offering great deals at this time of year too!
Inn on Lake Superior (Duluth) – Cyber Monday Gift Card Sale! Buy $100, Get Additional $25! One Day Only – Online Only: November 30. 2020. Buy $100 in gift cards and get a $25 bonus gift certificate! (Read my review of our stay!) Unfortunately due to COVID, their pool and other amenities are closed or limited right now but the hotel IS open.
Odyssey Resorts, which are all located on the North Shore of Lake Superior, between Duluth and Grand Marais, are offering a Holiday Gift Card Sale! Get $15 on a bonus gift card for every $100 in gift cards purchased for a limited time!
Their hotels include Beacon Pointe, Breezy Point Cabins on Lake Superior, Grand Superior Lodge and more.
Give a gift card as a gift or for yourself!
Restaurant Bonus Gift Card Offers 2020 (Restaurants with locations in Minnesota)
Applebee’s: get two $10 bonus gift card when you buy a $50 gift card. Valid 11/2 – 1/3/21. Bonus card EXPIRES 2/28/21
Benihana: receive $10 bonus card when you buy $50 gift cards ($60 Bonus for $200). Promotional cards are valid from 1/2 – 3/31/21.
BJ’s Restaurants: receive a $10 bonus card when you buy $50 gift cards or $25 bonus with $100 purchase. Also receive a 20% off VIP card delivered via email. Bonus card and VIP card valid 1/1/20 – 2/13/20.
Bonefish Grill: receive $10 bonus gift card when you buy $50 in gift cards. Bonus card redeemable 1/1-2/7/21.
Bubba Gump: receive a $10 bonus card when you purchase $50 in gift cards thru 12/31. Bonus card is valid 1/2-5/31/21. (excluding Mother’s Day and Valentines Day)
Bucca di Beppo: receive a $10 reward cards when you buy a $50 gift card by 12/31, Reward Card valid 1/1/2021 – 2/28/2021
Chili’s: receive (1) $10 e-bonus card when you buy $50 worth of gift cards. Additional details apply. E-Bonus Cards available to redeem 01/01/21 – 02/11/21. E-Bonus Card offer only available at chilis.com.
Claim Jumper: receive a $10 bonus card when you purchase $50 in gift cards thru 12/31. Bonus card is valid 1/2-5/31/21. (excluding Mother’s Day and Valentines Day)
Davanni’s: For every $25 Davanni’s Gift Card purchased you get a free $5 Gift Card. Deal runs now through December 31st, 2020.
Famous Dave’s: receive $5 Rewards Card when you buy $25 in gift cards. Participating locations only. Bonus Cards are valid 1/2/21 – 3/28/21.
Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse– receive a $25 Holiday Bonus Card for every $125 in gift card purchases ($75 bonus with $300 and $100 bonus with $400 purchase). Available 10/26-1/3/21, Online or in Restaurants. Redeemable 1/4- 3/28/21. Gift Cards may not be redeemed on the day of purchase.
Joe’s Crab Shack: receive a $10 bonus card when you purchase $50 in gift cards thru 12/31. Bonus card is valid 1/2-5/31/21. (excluding Mother’s Day and Valentines Day)
Landry’s Locations: receive a $10 bonus card when you purchase $50 in gift cards thru 12/31. Bonus card is valid 1/2-5/31/21. (excluding Mother’s Day and Valentines Day)
Noodles & Company: receive a $5 bonus card for every $25 you buy in gift cards. Gift card purchase promo valid 11/18/20-12/31/20. Bonus Cards valid from 11/18/20-01/15/21
Outback Steakhouse: receive $10 bonus gift card when you buy $50 in gift cards. Bonus card redeemable 1/1-2/7/21.
Panera: receive $10.00 bonus card for every $50 in gift cards purchased November 11–December 31, 2020. Bonus card valid January 1–31, 2021.
Red Lobster: receive (2) $10 off coupons to use on the purchase of 2 adult entrees when you buy $50 in gift cards online. Bonus coupons are valid 1/1 – 2/28/21.
Red Robin: receive a $5 Bonus Buck Rewards card with every $25 gift card you buy. Bonus Bucks valid 1/1 -2/28/2021.
Ruth’s Chris: receive $20 Bonus Card for every $100 gift card purchase. Holiday bonus cards typically valid 1/1 through 3/31/21.
Texas Roadhouse: receive $5 bonus eGift Card when you buy $30 in Texas Roadhouse Gift Cards Online. Bonus eGift Card emailed within 48 hours of gift card shipping.
TGI Friday’s: For every $50 you spend on Gift Cards, receive a Fridays Bonus Bites card worth $15. Bonus bites valid 1/2- 2/28/21.
Uno Chicago Grill: receive a $5 bonus voucher when you buy $25 in gift cards. Promotional Gift Card valid 1/2- 2/13/21. Offer ends January 1, 2021.
Retail Gift Card Offers 2019 (Retail stores with locations in Minnesota)
The Children’s Place: receive a $10 off coupon when you buy $50 in Gift Cards ($15 with $75, and $20 with $100) thru 12/25.
DSW: receive a $10 bonus gift card when you buy $50 in gift cards, or $20 when you spend $100. Bonus card is valid between 1/1-1/24/21.
Half Price Books: Receive $5 off a $25 purchase in January for every $25 gift card purchase through December 24th. Offer valid on gift cards purchased in store and online November 9 – December 24, 2020. The $5 off $25 purchase coupon is redeemable January 1-31, 2021 in store and online. See coupon for redemption details and restrictions.
Marcus Theatres: 20% gift card purchases through December 4th.
Barnes & Noble: Get a free $10 gift card with any Gift Card purchase of $100 or more. Offer ends 11/30/20.
Museums and Attractions Gift Card Offers (with locations in Minnesota)
Crayola Experience – I have deals for annual passes and tickets in my affiliate store! Tickets are $17.50 and annual passes are $34.99 and up.
How to get discounted tickets:
- Just click on my personalized online store web link (URL) and enter the access code TCFM. (Or visit https://tickets.crayolaexperience.com and enter my personalized store name: Twin Cities Frugal Mom)
- You’ll be able to purchase and print the tickets right away, saving you time waiting at the entrance turnstiles and bypassing ticket booth lines!
Minnesota Children’s Museum: Not a gift card but a great membership deal! Get $30 off a gift membership or $3 off gift tickets with my special code TCFM, Expires 11/30/20. After that the code is still good for $20 off a purchase or $3 off per ticket.
What other gift card deals do you know of? Share in the comments or email me at twincitiesfrugalmom @ Gmail.com!
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that help support this site at no cost to you. All opinions are 100% mine.)