Ruby’s Pantry is a monthly food distribution with various locations in the midwest including Bloomington.
It’s open to EVERYONE – no income or residency restrictions! And all you have to do is drive up in your car, hand over $20 in cash, and the volunteers will fill up your car with food!
Ruby’s Pantry in Bloomington has their monthly food distribution typically on the first Tuesday, including this Tuesday, December 1st!
It starts at 4:30pm but I recommend getting there early as they do run out. And make sure you have plenty of room in your back seat and/or trunk!
The location is Bloomington Lutheran Church at 9350 Portland Avenue S.
We have visited this one and it was great! Here’s what we got:
Here’s what we got:
- A box of frozen omelets with cheese
- A box of green onions (3 bags)
- 6 half gallons of organic chocolate milk
- A case of 9 drinkable yogurts
- A package of 8 Halo Top oatmeal cookie ice creams
- 2 loaves of Sara Lee butter bread
- 2 big bags of Sara Lee white hamburger buns
- A big package of frozen french fries
- A big package of bow tie pasta
- 6 Oatmeal cups
- 4 individual beverages – 2 Bolt24 sports drinks (like Gatorade), a can of Pepsi, a can of Buble water
- 1 box of Captain Crunch cotton candy cereal
- 2 boxes of Enjoy Life soft baked cookies – apple cider donut and peppermint bark
- Aunt Jemima Belgian Waffle mix
- Quaker Chewy Dipps Peanut Butter granola bars
- 1 bag of sunflower seeds
- 3 packages of frozen Johnsonville sausage links
- 1 bag of Lentil chips – thai chili lime flavor (they were a bit spicy)
For a full recap of our experience visiting, check out my post here:
Bloomington too far for you?
There are other Ruby’s Pantry locations!
And many more in Minnesota and WIsconsin!
Visit the Ruby’s Pantry website for more info!