Of the many changes happening this year, Minnesota is now revealing new, safe ways of enjoying lights and festivities.
An all-new experience, the GLOW Holiday Festival, will be at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds for 46 consecutive nights from November 19th, 2020 to January 3rd, 2021!
The Great Minnesota Holiday Get-Together will be a one-mile drive-thru with a dozen seasonal scenes. There will be over a million holiday lights, a 100-foot illuminated tree, icicle and art installations, a festive gingerbread house, and other attractions.
How fun! Check out the map:
Tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday, Oct. 22 at 10 a.m. However, presale tickets are available now with the code GLOW.
All tickets must be purchased online in advance at GLOWHoliday.com. Entry is timed for every 15 minutes and the drive-thru experience takes approximately 40 minutes.
Highlights of GLOW Holiday Festival will include:
- The Grand Opening – a gigantic illuminated gift box
- GLOW Disco Party – a radiant disco light show
- Charity Flame & Art Park – putting a spotlight on community charities and local artists
- Tinsel Tower – a festive story projected onto a notable Fairgrounds building
- Purple Lane – a Tribute to Prince
- Glitter Critters & Lil’ Farmstead – lighted woodland and farm creatures
- Arctic Circle – featuring 200 icicles and a 100-foot illuminated tree
- Other stops include the Wagon Wheel Stage, Gingerbread House, and Peppermint Tower
- A surprise GLOW finale
- sELFie Plaza – an optional photo opportunity, perfect for holiday photo posing!
- State Fair Food Court – a chance to purchase some of your favorite Fair foods (optional)
GLOW Gives Back
Minnesota’s GLOW will also honor and celebrate many diverse traditions and cultures of Minnesota. There will be several special nights, including Amity Night, Hanukkah Night, Indigenous Peoples Night, and Kwanzaa Night, to name a few.
Each night benefits a community charity, and some charities will receive $2 from each ticket on their designated night. Charities include:
- Second Harvest Heartland
- Urban Ventures
- Outfront Minnesota
- Angel Foundation
- Autism Society of Minnesota
- Emma Norton Services
- National Independent Venue Association
- and More!
Here are the themes and nights:
Theme Date Charity
Opening Night Thursday, November 19 Minnesota State Fair Foundation
Amity Night Friday, November 20 YouthLink Minnesota
Country Night Monday, November 23 St. Jude Children’s Research Center
Presented by K102
Indigenous Peoples Night Tuesday, November 24 NATIS – North American Traditional Indigenous Food Systems
Prince Night Wednesday, November 25 National Independent Venue Association
Thanksgiving Thursday, November 26 Second Harvest Heartland
Star Tribune Night Sunday, November 29 Second Harvest Heartland
Latinx Night Sunday, December 6 CLUES
Presented by Univision Minnesota
KTIS Night Saturday, December 12 KTIS and Salvation Army
Presented by 98.5 KTIS
Hanukkah Night Sunday, December 13 Jewish Family & Children’s Services
Military Appreciation Night Wednesday, December 16 Homeless & Wounded Warriors Minnesota
Solstice Night Monday, December 21 Science Museum of Minnesota
Christmas Eve Thursday, December 24 Urban Ventures
Kwanzaa Saturday, December 26 African Economic Development Solutions
Pride Night Wednesday, December 30 Outfront Minnesota
New Year’s Eve Thursday, December 31 Summit Academy
WHAT: GLOW Holiday Festival: The Great Minnesota Holiday Get-Together
WHEN: November 19, 2020 – January 3, 2021
Sundays – Thursdays 4:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Fridays and Saturdays 4:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
TICKETS: Tickets are $46 plus applicable fees per vehicle.
One ticket = one vehicle.
Presale starts Tuesday, October 20 with code GLOW
Public on-sale starts Thursday, October 22 at 10 a.m.