Our family visits Como Town every summer. It’s open May through September and is right next to Como Zoo. Both are free to enter, but you have to pay to go on rides at Como Town. You can either get an all-day wristband or buy a point pass to go on the rides you choose.
We always get the wristband deals you can find every year on deal sites like Groupon. For the past few years there have been deals available all summer long. Right now Groupon is offering 27% off a Kids’ Amusement Park Package which includes:
- Two Unlimited-Ride Wristbands
- Two Soaring Eagle Zip Rides
- Two Temporary Tattoos
- Two Pluck-a-Duck Games
You can get all of this for only $42, which is 27% off the regular price of $57.90! PLUS – right now you can save an EXTRA 20% with code BEST20 through August 21st!
This deal is only available for a limited time, but is likely to come back again and again on Groupon.
We got together with some friends at Como Town today. Aimee from “From Minne to Mass” (previously “Why I Left My Job”), her kids and my kids and I all had a blast together. It’s so fun with a group of kids of different ages! This to me is the BEST way to visit. The older kids went on the “big kid” rides like the Viking Ship swing, the Tiger Trax rollercoaster and the Tilt-a-Whirl, while the younger kids went on the kiddie rides like the Fire Brigade and Driving School track. Some of the rides all the kids went on together, like the Frog Hopper.
My 7-year-old son also did the Mining for Gemstones and Fossils activity which was a separate cost. It ranged from $5.00 from a small bag of gemstones to $10.00 for a big bag of gemstones or fossils. We got the $10 bag of gemstones. He LOVED panning for gemstones and found a lot of good ones that he identified with the included pamphlet and guide!
The weather today was PERFECT for Como Town – it was not too hot, not too chilly. Just right. It was a bit rainy and it wasn’t fun getting sprinkled on occasionally, but for the most part it was great. We’ve been to Como Town on HOT days which makes it less fun, but thankfully Como Town has mist sprayers around the place so you can stay cool. PLUS – for kids, there is a water play area, and several times a day they have foam parties! Many kids come in their swimsuits ready for some splashy fun.
Tips for going:
- Bring water and snacks. They have food for sale but it’s kind of pricey. They have foods like corn dogs, hamburgers, nachos and ice cream. A kids’ small hamburger meal with waffle fries and a drink was almost $7.00. From home we brought two pizza lunchables, granola bars, fruit roll-ups, and drinks including water. It all got eaten, but I also got a black bean burger for myself, and a kid’s cheeseburger meal for my son, and still paid about $16. All the fun made us hungry!
- Dress the kiddos for sun and water fun! Bring towels, a change of clothes, and sunscreen.
- Know that parents can go on a kiddie ride with little ones as a chaperone, but otherwise, they do have an adult unlimited wristband for only $10.95 (for ages 18 and up).
- If you go during a slower time, like a weekday, expect that not all rides will be operational at one time. Many rides alternate so they can keep staffing minimal. We got on all our favorites, but had to wait for some like the Tilt-a-Whirl.
- Plan on visiting the Como Zoo too since it’s right there next to Como Town! It’s free but both Como Zoo and Como Town accept donations.
- PLUS – Get your discounted tickets from Groupon NOW! You’ll save 27% and the tickets are good through the end of the season, which this year goes until Sunday, September 23rd. Check availability!
For more information about Como Town visit their website! And while you’re there, sign up for their “Como Town Club” for news and offers!
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that help support this site at no cost to you. All opinions are 100% mine.)