The Minneapolis Home & Garden Show is happening this weekend, March 30 – April 1, and next weekend, April 6-8, at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
This first weekend is Family Weekend, and kids get in FREE! (Next weekend they’ll be $4.00 per child ages 12 and under).
There is a NEW Family Zone with lots of entertainment.
Here’s what the Family Zone will offer:
-Rainbow Play Systems will be all set up, with multiple swing sets, trampolines and free giveaways.
-Gamin’ Ride of the Twin Cities will keep your littles dancing with iDance DDR (Dance Dance Revolution).
-Alternative Landscaping will show you how to test out your golfing finesse on their putting green. Your kids (and likely you) will also marvel at the turf-covered car!
-Barnco will bring a themed mini escape room experience to the Show. If you haven’t tried one of these wildly popular escape room experiences yet, here’s your chance!
-Human on a Stick will be offering free Segway demos to teach your family how to ride in style.
-The Bakken Museum will entertain and inform your family with activities related to science, technology, engineering, arts, and math.
-My Mobile Agents Realty has an activity called “Out Growing your Space?” featuring an actual living room that a homeowner has outgrown. The interactive display is not only fun but is also a great way to learn about home buying and selling from on-site real estate agents.
-Usborne Books & More will be promoting the benefits of books with story time.
-Mirror Me Perfect will provide a fun photo booth with pictures you can take home. Photos are free on Sunday, April 1 only.
-Manic Ceramic will be at the Show to teach people how to make glass mosaic tiles.
-Xfinity will create a kid friendly living room for movie watching and games such as bean bags, Connect 4 and Jenga.
As you can see, there are so many things to discover at this year’s Minneapolis Home + Garden Show! Learn more about the Family Zone here.
Here is more you’ll find at the show:
- Main Stage with Celebrity appearances including:
- Paige Davis of TLC’s “Trading Spaces” – March 30 and 31
- Sara Bendrick of DIY Network’s “I Hate My Yard” – March 30 and 31
- Jason Cameron of DIY Network’s “Man Caves,” “Sledgehammer,” and “Desperate Landscapes” – April 6, 7 and 8
- Local celebrity: Blue Ribbon Baker Marjorie Johnson – April 1 and April 7
- The Idea Home
- EPS Homes is back for a third year as the Idea Home builder. This year’s theme is Timeless Contemporary, with an all-white design.
- The Feature Gardens
- Seven Minnesota landscapers will create incredible gardens with the theme of “Doorway to Spring.”
- Koehler & Dramm Floral Display and Workshops
- New this year is a stunning 1,600 square foot floral display showcasing on-trend flowers, colors and styles all available for purchase directly from Koehler & Dramm.
Friday, March 30 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, March 31 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, April 1 Noon – 6 p.m.
Friday, April 6 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, April 7 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, April 8 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
TICKETS AND DISCOUNTS
Tickets prices for adults are $12 online and $14 at the door; $4 for children ages six – 12; children five and under are free. To order tickets and learn the most up-to-date information, visit HomeandGardenShow.com.
You can also save $2 per ticket by ordering online in advance.
OR save $3 per ticket with a coupon in the Star Tribune on April 1st and 8th!
Theme Days and Promotions
Friday, April 6
– Public Servant Day – Free admission for all current government workers with valid
– Hero Day – All active and retired military personnel, police officers, firefighters, EMTs, medical
professionals and teachers get free admission with a valid ID.