Discover the Dinosaurs: TIME TREK is coming to Minneapolis March 2 – 4, 2018, and I have an EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT AND GIVEAWAY to share! You can get $25 tickets for only $16 right now with my special code TCFM!
Our family has attended Discover the Dinosaurs in Minneapolis the past two years. It was pricey but was better than we expected. The event was in a big space at the Minneapolis Convention Center (same place again this year) and there were a ton of life-like dinosaurs and displays that were both interesting and educational. We all enjoyed it – kids and adults alike – and we spent 2-3 hours there.
This year, the exhibit’s theme is “TIME TREK” and there are also SHARKS and DRAGONS!
Here is a list of attractions:
- Design-a-Dino – Use the touchscreen to build your very own dinosaur. What color? Wings or Legs? Create your masterpiece and then email it to show and share
- Eggs-Ray Vision – View the inner and outer parts of a dinosaur egg through the interactive Eggs-Ray Vision machine.
- Prehistoric Poop – Not for the squimish! Guests are encouraged to not only touch, but put their hands inside a large pile of Dino dung.Try to guess if the dung belonged to an herbivore or a carnivore.
- Fossil Find (additional cost) – Become an explorer as you extract fossils from from sand. Like panning for gold, but instead finding fossils!
- The Fossil Identification Unit – Pick a bone and use our state of the art scanning device to classify the test subject.
- Roar-O-Meter – Test your roaring skills in the Time Trek Roar-o-Meter. Are you are TREX or something less sinister?
- Race-Through-Time Labyrinth – Encounter prehistoric creatures as the entire family races through the winding labyrinth.
- Mission: Challenge Zone! – Is your family ready to take on another in the Challenge Zone? Led by a team of laboratory staff, you are invited to part take in or watch various game-show style competitions throughout the day.
- Time Trek Stage – Stop by the entertainment stage throughout the day and watch performances featuring our scientists, Baby Dinosaurs and a walking Allosaurus Skeleton.
- Can You Dig It? – Kids of all ages can hone their skills as a paleontologist and dig for buried Dino bones.
- Veloci-Crafters Activity Station – Excavate your creativity and imagination with themed arts and crafts.
- Destination: Dino Nest – Hang out with your toddler T-Rexers in this themed area just for them. Dino themed toys, building blocks and soft flooring allow the youngest among us to have their own playtime trek.
- Megalodon! Fit your whole family inside this Megalodon jaw! #sharkbay Only available at Shark Edition!
- Ocearch Live Shark Tracker – Don’t Fear the Fin! Follow the sharks OCEARCH is tracking in real time. Only available at Shark Edition!
- Feeding Frenzy – Play your way through shark infested waters. Only available at Shark Edition!
- Dragon Breath Replicator – Test your breath for its flame power. Only available at Dragon Edition!
- Dragon Scales – Make music on the scales of a dragon. Only available at Dragon Edition!
- Destination: Castle Courtyard – Kiddos can trek back to the medieval times and construct castles or create their own story with playful puppets. Only available at Dragon Edition!
This Discover the Dinosaurs: Time Trek event also includes a variety of hands-on activities and animatronic dragons, each inspired by a different culture’s folklore: Latin American, Asian, and European. Time Trekkers can check out the Dragon Breath Replicator, make music on dragon scales, and more!
Read more about the attractions on their website here!
Minneapolis Convention Center
1301 2nd Avenue S.
Minneapolis, MN 55403
When: Friday March 2 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday March 3 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday March 4 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
TICKETS AND MY EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT! BEST DEAL!
Buy Online in advance and get $5 off child and adult general admission tickets with code TCFM.
- Regular ticket prices are $25 children, $25 adults, $20 seniors. HOWEVER, they have an EARLY BIRD special through March 1st of $21 children, $21 adults, and $19 for seniors. YOU CAN COMBINE BOTH THE EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT AND MY SPECIAL CODE, bringing the price down to $16 per person! That’s a $9 per person SAVINGS!
That’s the best deal out there!
Children under age 2 are FREE with a paid adult.
- Tickets are available at DiscoverTheDinosaurs.com.
- Trek Upgrades are also available for children ages 2-12, which include face paint, a Fossil Find activity, and an exclusive cinch bag.
- With general admission tickets, additional fees apply for the Face Painting and Fossil Find activities. Other restrictions and additional fees may apply.
Parking: Expect to pay probably around $10 for parking. Parking info here.
My Thoughts on Pricing?
Yes – the tickets are pricey. It can add up easily to over $100, but I felt it was a unique experience that the kids will love. The music, sound effects and exhibits are impressive, especially to little ones. We did spend a couple hours here both years, and learned some interesting things. The lines for the dino rides and other activities were long though, and of course, the gift shop was right in the middle of the exhibit, so you have to walk through it. And the face painting and bouncy houses cost extra, which we passed on. But overall it was fun. I always advocate for spending money on experiences rather than things and with all the new attractions this year it’s definitely a fun and unique experience!
I’ve partnered with Discover the Dinosaurs: TIME TREK to offer a ticket giveaway! Enter to win a family ticket 4-pack! Enter by filling out the Rafflecopter form below by Monday, February 26th at 11:00pm.
If you enter by leaving a blog post comment, tell me what activity are your kids most excited to do at Discover the Dinosaurs: Time Trek? (Or leave a relevant post comment.)
Winner will be contacted by email and have 24 hours to reply. Good luck!
(Disclosure: I was provided with 4 complimentary tickets in exchange for sharing this post and giveaway. All opinions are 100% mine.)