I discovered Just Between Friends a few years ago, when my kids were toddlers (here’s my review of one of my sale visits a few years ago). I wish I had known about them when I was pregnant, because I would have saved a ton of money on baby stuff! To help other moms out there though, and moms-to-be, I’m spreading the word about these don’t-miss sale events, including one coming up in the Maple Grove/Brooklyn Park area next week!
First, here are the details of next week’s sale:
Just Between Friends Maple Grove/Brooklyn Park Holiday Children’s Sale
When: Thursday, December 1st – Sunday, December 4th
Where: 8081 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445 (in the former TJ Maxx store)
Thurs. Dec. 1, Opening Day, 10am-7pm, $2 Admission (Or get in FREE with this coupon!)
Fri. Dec. 2, 10am-7pm
Sat. Dec. 3, 10am-7pm
Sun. Dec. 4, Half Price Day, All items WITHOUT a star on the price tag will be 50% off today from 10am-7pm.
What to expect: Moms and Dads will find great bargains on new and gently used items at this HUGE Kids Sales Event. Items will include fall and winter clothing, shoes and boots, maternity clothing, baby equipment and gear, kids books, games and puzzles, and TOYS, TOYS, TOYS.
- Racks and racks of kids’ clothes and accessories – ALL ages and sizes
- Maternity clothes
- Holiday items depending on the season – dressy clothes for the holiday season, Halloween costumes
- Kids’ toys
- Arts & crafts
- Books & DVDs
- Furniture & room decor
- Winter clothes & boots
- Sports equipment
- Baby stuff galore – strollers, car seats, bouncers, and a whole section of baby-only stuff
There are also vendors with tables selling things moms love to check out – like Tastefully Simple foods and Thirty-One handbags and accessories. Pregnant and new moms can also often pick up free samples of baby formula and other products.
Everything is of good quality – it’s all inspected for stains or missing pieces. It’s very organized – everything is sorted by category, and everything has to be presented in working condition (that is, with working batteries, if it’s a battery-operated toy, for example).
And this is the PERFECT time to visit a sale, because you can find so many holiday gift-worthy items at a Just Between Friends sale! For example, they sell many brand new items like Melissa & Doug toys and crafts.
Here are my 5 tips for what to do BEFORE you go:
- Write a list of everything you need. It’s easy to forget what you need and just stock up on what looks cute, but if you go in with a list of what you’re looking for it’s easier to stay focused!
- Bring a list of sizes. Know what sizes you’re shopping for for the kids, and plan on picking out items they can grow into!
- Pack the following: Your purse (preferably lightweight, as you could be carrying it a while) and wallet, chap stick, water, free admission coupon (if using for opening day), and if possible, a stroller or portable shopping cart. They don’t offer shopping carts but you can bring your own, or bring a bag to fill up on items. Though you can put things aside for them to hold while you shop, it’s easier if you have something to carry or push things around in.
- Arrange for childcare for the kids. Focus on shopping (not chasing them away from the toys!), and be able to get some holiday gift shopping done this way!
- Set aside at least a couple hours to shop. It can take a while to go through all the things you want to and make your final purchase decision. Plus, you may want to plan on returning on the last day for the best deals!
Learn more about the upcoming sale (and future sales!) on their website and Facebook page here:
Also, print this FREE admission coupon, good for opening day, December 1st:
Psst…before opening day is a preview day on Wednesday, November 30th that’s only open to consignors and first time parents. You can sign up to sell items at a future sale for this perk (and make some money!), OR you can enter my giveaway to win a pre-sale pass, valid on November 30th from 3-9pm! This way you’ll be one of the FIRST to shop the sale, which means shopping the BEST selection!
To enter just fill out the Rafflecopter form below by Monday, November 28th at 11:00pm. Winner will be contacted Tuesday, November 29th. Good luck!
(Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Just Between Friends Maple Grove/Brooklyn Park. All opinions are 100% mine.)