Does your family love to go camping? How about boating and fishing? Well your family can escape winter at the Progressive® Insurance Northwest Sportshow in Minneapolis and enjoy a variety of activities including a boating school, fly fishing, an adventure trail for kids, and even a raptor show!
Here’s the scoop:
The 2016 Progressive® Insurance Northwest Sportshow® is returning to the Minneapolis Convention Center March 30-April 3, 2016 with the largest variety of boats, RV’s, outfitters and resorts, plus hundreds of the newest products for boating, hunting, fishing and camping.
At the Sportshow your family can enjoy these highlights and more:
· NEW! Extreme Raptors Show. Experience the beauty and charisma of these fierce, feathered predators up close as master falconer and wildlife rehabilitator, Jonathan Wood explains the fascinating history of falconry. It’s a show filled with non-stop riveting action, music, and comedy, brought to life by stunning birds of prey from diverse habitats.
· NEW! The Zoomobile at the MN Chapter of the Wild Turkey Federation Room. Visitors to Room 101G can see a variety of wild animals up close as trained naturalists from the Minnesota Zoo share fun facts about native critters and other creatures. NWTF staff and experts from throughout Minnesota will available to answer everything about wild turkey hunting and efforts to conserve and enhance upland wildlife habitat.
· The Progressive® Insurance Boat School will boost visitors’ boating IQ, with top notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship on hand to lead an array of interactive and educational courses including general boating safety seminars and demos on proper docking procedures, attendees will also be able to try their hand at a fun and interactive boating simulator! This year’s show will also offer complimentary daily DIY maintenance seminars at Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center.
· Marine Electronics University. Visitors to the show will explore the latest in marine electronics technology from Lowrance. Experts from Lowrance will lead hands-on workshops using Lowrance HDS GEN3 Touch units. Sessions will cover everything from routine setup and product use to news about leading technologies such as CHIRP sonar and Insight Genesis Mapping.
· Kids’ Create-a-Crankbait for a cause. Crafty kids can create their own crankbait using a wood body and stick-on lure features. Donations for each crankbait kit purchased will go to Regions Hospital Burn Center.
· Ducks Unlimited Room. Visitors of all ages can learn about waterfowl and wetlands conservation. Adults can attend seminars to learn about the importance of conservation efforts while kids can paint their own duck decoys. Ducks Unlimited hosts raffles, silent auctions and more throughout the show.
· Texas Bass Tank Pro Demonstrations. Watch professional anglers demonstrate casting on a 10,000-gallon tank. Visitors will get an underwater view to see how Minnesota’s fish respond to various types of bait and casting methods.
· Free fishing at the Trout Pond. A long-standing Northwest Sportshow tradition, the Trout Pond lets kids practice their angling skills and fish for live trout in an indoor pond.
· Hunter’s Laser Shot Gallery. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Firearms Safety Program is on hand to teach kids how to hunt safely with laser hunting games.
· Licenses for any outdoor sport. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources provides a one-stop-shop for all the licenses needed to enjoy outdoor activities
Check it out!
When: Wednesday, March 30 1pm-9pm
Thursday, March 30 1pm–9pm
Friday, April 1 11am–9pm
Saturday, April 2 10am–8pm
Sunday, April 3 10am–5pm
Where: Minneapolis Convention Center
1301 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tickets: Tickets can be purchased in advance at www.NorthwestSportshow.com or onsite the day of the show. Cost for tickets:
Adults (16 and older): $14.00
Youth (15 and under): FREE with paid adult
Senior Day, (Thursday, March 30th only, 62+) $11
Enter to win a family 4-pack to the Northwest Sportshow by filling out the Rafflecopter form below by Thursday, March 17th at 11:00pm!