Enter to WIN four (4) TICKETS to the Minneapolis Boat Show, January 21st to 24th, right here at Twin Cities Frugal Mom!!!
It’s the middle of winter and we’re a few months away from warm weather, but from January 21st to 24th you can get a taste of SUMMER at the 2016 Progressive Minneapolis Boat Show at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
There’s something for everyone – whether you’re looking to buy a boat or just try some water activities like paddleboarding. Plus, kids ages 15 and younger are FREE – We’re planning to take the kids to the Boat Show just for the fun!
Here are some highlights:
- NEW! Visit Wings Financial Credit Union Up North Lifestyle. Enjoy the easy-going ambiance of a Northwoods resort—they’ve recreated an “up north” vacation getaway, complete with a cozy cabin, campfire and relaxing lake view right on the show floor. Try paddle sports on the lake, enjoy the music of “Jambo” Joe Bones around the campfire, browse outdoor gear or kick back and order something to eat from the alpine shed.
- NEW! Sea-Doo SPARK Ice Sculptures. The Sea-Doo SPARK is one of the hottest personal watercraft (PWC) around—and now it’s also the coolest! Check out their custom pair of SPARKS carved entirely out of ice by Minnesota Ice Sculptures using some of the most advanced ice carving technology available. Docked just outside Entrance C, these life-sized ice sculptures are true works of art. Be sure to stop by and snap a “Boatie” to share with your friends.
- NEW! Power Squadron Boating Simulator. Take the helm of a virtual boat to practice basic boating maneuvers and improve your boating skills—without leaving dry land. The United States Power Squadrons® new Boating Skills Virtual Trainer (BSVT) makes learning fun! It features a steering wheel and a real Mercury throttle you use to “drive” a 20-console boat on a lake with other powerboats, sailboats, navigation aids and a marina.
- Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center. Daily seminars and clinics. Learn all about boating!
- Paddlefest! Attendees 10 years of age or older will be able to try out kayaks and paddleboarding (SUP) in a huge pool right on the show floor. Bring your swimsuit to the show or use one of their wetsuits; changing rooms will be available.
- Antique and Classic Boat Display. Among the variety of boats on display is Rocketeer —a 1948 Ventnor. This twin engine 23′ Deluxe Runabout features a true three-point-suspension hydroplane hull and two Graymarine “Fireball” six-cylinder engines and could reach speeds in excess of 50 mph. Just six of these boats were built and only three are known to exist today. Rocketeer is the fifth of the six boats built and its restoration was completed in 2015.
- Plus more…
DATES AND TIMES
Thursday, January 21 2pm–9pm
Friday, January 22 12pm–9pm
Saturday, January 23 10am–9pm
Sunday, January 24 10am–5pm
Update: TWO Twin Cities Frugal Mom readers will win four (4) tickets to the Minneapolis Boat Show 2015, good for any of the four days, January 21st to 24th! Just fill out the Rafflecopter form below by Monday, January 11th at 11:00pm CST. Winners will be randomly selected on Tuesday, January 12th and contacted by email. Winners will have 24 hours to respond. (Note: If you enter by clicking “Leave a Blog Comment” please be sure to leave a comment for your entry to be counted. Thanks!)