It’s almost Christmas but there are many great last-minute options for gift ideas for Twin Cities families! Here are 4 that last the whole year, plus some local gift card ideas that offer valuable experiences and special bonus savings!
4 Last-Minute Local Gift Ideas for
Twin Cities Families That Last the Whole Year
1. Twin Cities Kids Club. Created by two local mom bloggers, Lisa Baker (twincitiesfrugalmom.com) and Aimee Farley (whyIleftmyjob.com), the Twin Cities Kids Club is a new membership-based service that offers activities, dining out, and attractions at a discounted price to Minneapolis and St. Paul families. An Annual Family Membership is $49.99 (65% Savings!), and it also includes regular mailings throughout the year, saving families hundreds of dollars. Memberships are regularly priced at $12.00 per month and unlike most discount coupons or daily deal sites, the Twin Cities Kids Club’s exclusive deals may be used multiple times and often cover the entire family. New offers and deals are added regularly, giving members variety and the opportunity to continually experience new events and activities.
2. Toylend USA membership. Toylend USA was founded by a Golden Valley mom with a Ph.D. in education and offers toy and baby gear rentals to families who have young children from birth to 5 years old. Toylend USA currently offers two levels of memberships: Toylender Club Membership ($60/yr) and Toylender Club Rewards Membership ($120/yr). (More info on the benefits of a Toylend USA membership.)
3. Monthly Subscription Box. A great one for families is the Cooper & Kid Kit, based right here in the Twin Cities. A Cooper & Kid subscription is the instant “Dad is Awesome” box. For dads with kids ages 5 – 9, fathers want to spend time with their kids doing the kinds of imaginative, inventive things that shape their character and relationship –things they won’t ever forget. The Cooper Kit is $65 per quarter or $236 per year ($59 per quarter if purchased yearly).
4. Membership to Local Museum or Other Local Attraction. Museum memberships give families a free pass to visit all year long, plus many other perks including discounts for parking, gift shops and special member-only events. The Minnesota Children’s Museum is offering a great deal for an annual membership: Get 4 BONUS months with an annual membership as low as $99 –that’s 16 months of fun and playful learning at their downtown St. Paul and Mall of America locations. The Passport Deluxe and Adventurer levels include free admission to their Rochester museum, too!
Other attractions in the Twin Cities area offer year-long memberships, including Good Times Park in Eagan, a unique indoor recreational park for all ages.
Gift Cards for Twin Cities Businesses Make Great Last-Minute Gifts
1. Gift Cards Available for Local Classes. Families can enjoy classes together learning everything from cooking to painting to music. A gift card for classes is a valuable gift idea that educates and inspires. Gift cards are available at places like Color Me Mine (Eagan, Maple Grove, and Rochester), Brighter Minds Music, and Way Cool Cooking School.
2. Special Gift Card Deals Offered at Many Restaurants and Retailers. For the kids’ teachers, the neighborhood mail carrier, your favorite hairdresser and office co-workers, the little gifts can add up to some big expenses. Gift cards are a special and easy way to show your year-round appreciation and you don’t have to spend much to make an impact. Consider giving gift cards for a popular restaurant, retail store or coffee spot. Adorn the gift card with a unique ornament or decoration to add some extra holiday flair. Local businesses offering special gift card deals include:
Once Upon a Child – Buy a $40 gift card and receive a $10 gift card free! (various locations in the Twin Cities)
Half Price Books – Receive a $5 bonus gift card when you buy $25 in gift cards. Gift cards must be purchased by 12/24/15, bonus gift card valid 1/1-1/31/16.
For that special couple:
Lela Restaurant, Minneapolis – Purchase a gift card (valued at $100 or more) this holiday season and receive a complimentary weekend night stay at the Sheraton Bloomington in 2016.
More gift card deals here.