Local Minnesota families are invited to celebrate kindness at the Minnesota Zoo on Saturday, May 31st! Plus, enter a giveaway right here at Twin Cities Frugal Mom to win 3 boxes of KIND Healthy Grains bars!
KIND (makers of delicious and healthy snacks) and Sprout (the first 24-hour preschool network) have teamed up to launch Operation Kind Kids – a program designed to inspire kindness through everyday thoughtful acts.
On May 31st, KIND and Sprout – as part of its Kindness Counts initiative – will host family-friendly events across the country in celebration of kindness, including at the Minnesota Zoo. Preschoolers and caregivers are invited to attend and discover new ways to incorporate kindness into their daily routines!
Families can also visit operationkindkids.com for activities designed to encourage kindness at home and in the community.
WHAT: The special event, aimed at teaching kids the importance of being kind, will feature a variety of activity stations, including:
- Get creative: Kids will have the chance to express what kindness means to them and share their vision as part of a collage wall.
- A kind act a day: Attendees will take home a calendar to track daily kind acts
- Pay it forward: Nothing brightens someone’s day quite like a flower, which is why kids will be invited to pick a flower and share it with someone in their life.
- Strike a pose: The whole family will have the chance to capture their experience in front of a fun photo backdrop
- Snack better: KIND Healthy Grains bars will be on hand for parents and their little ones to enjoy
Admittance will be free with cost of zoo admission ($18/adults, $12/children, 2 & under free)
WHEN: Saturday, May 31 from 10:00am – 1:00pm
WHO: Parents and kids (activities geared toward ages 2-6, though all are welcome!)
WHERE: Minnesota Zoo (Tropics Plaza); 13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124
(If you don’t live in the Twin Cities area, visit the Operation Kind Kids website to find an event near you.)
Want to get started on an activity with your kids right away? Download a free coloring sheet here!
GIVEAWAY: One Twin Cities Frugal Mom reader will win 3 boxes (5 bars per box) of KIND Healthy Grains bars!
KIND Healthy Grains bars are made from 100% whole ingredients, contain 10 grams of protein per bar and are GLUTEN-FREE. They come in yummy flavors like Dark Chocolate Chunk, Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate and Vanilla Blueberry!
Enter by filling out the Rafflecopter form below by 11:00 p.m. (Central Time) on Monday, June 2nd!