This is my review of BubbleBum, a portable, inflatable, affordable car booster seat.
Recently I read a discussion in a mom’s online group about the frustration of traveling with kids in taxis and other transportation and not having car booster seats. Then I heard about BubbleBum and thought, what a neat idea for traveling with kids…and a money-saving idea as well! [wb_fb_f name=”” id=””]
Parents – have you ever traveled with your kids and needed a booster seat for a rented car or other type of transportation?
I checked online and found that the Today Show reported that when renting a car, you can pay between $8 and $13 per car seat, per day. And there’s no guarantee that a rented car seat will be in safe condition. In the report, Dr. Alisa Baer, a pediatrician and nationally certified child car seat safety expert recommended the Bubble Bum booster seat as an option for parents.
I received a complimentary BubbleBum car booster seat to try out with my kids, particularly my 6-year-old as she is about 53 pounds, which is ideal for the seat’s recommended range of 40 – 100 pounds (ages 4 – 11).
The seat comes folded up in a package with a detachable shoulder strap and stretchy bag. It comes complete with safety warnings and detailed instructions and they were clear and easy to understand.
The detachable shoulder strap easily attached through the bottom of the seat, and the seat is inflated by blowing into the valve on the rear of the seat. The valve turns to open and it took only a few seconds for me to inflate the seat myself.
I struggled a bit to turn the valve after blowing in it the last time and keeping all the air in, but eventually realized that no matter what, some air will escape as you turn the valve to close it. The seat seemed like it could have been inflated more, but it was definitely full enough to be used safely.
Heidi, our 6-year-old, tried it in the car. She loved the purple color (it also comes in black), and she loved having an extra car seat if we take one of her friends on an outing somewhere.
Uses for BubbleBum:
- Extra car seat for your child’s friends
- For 3 kids in a row in the back seat – fits well between 2 other car seats
- Great for grandma and grandpa to use for the grandkids (or other relatives, friends or babysitters)
Facts about BubbleBum:
- BubbleBum weighs in at less than half a pound, and when deflated for travel it fits in most handbags, backpacks, or glove compartments, making it perfect for vacations, rental cars, carpools, or taxis.
- BubbleBum is safe as it passes all U.S. safety standards – its positioning clips safely ensure the car seat belt is placed low across the child’s lap away from the abdomen and soft tissue, addressing one of the most common injuries that children face.
- Since using a booster seat is 60 percent safer for kids than being restrained by a seat belt alone, BubbleBum is great for anyone traveling with kids.
- The BubbleBum Inflatable Car Booster Seat is only $39.99 and is available at Amazon.com, Target.com, www.BubbleBum.co/us as well as several premier sites.
I loved the BubbleBum car booster seat and am happy to recommend it to other parents and caregivers!
(Disclosure: I received a complimentary BubbleBum sample to help facilitate this review. My opinions are 100% mine!)