Experiencing the Christmas season as a mom has been very different from my experiences as a child. It turns out though, some of those things are amazing regardless if you are the child or the parent.
1. Baking Christmas cookies.
2. Receiving homemade Christmas cookies from a friend.
3. A good workout at the gym after eating Christmas cookies.
4. Flannel PJs and Cuddl Duds.
5. Red lipstick and nail polish.
6. Creamy body lotion (especially needed at this time of year!).
7. Seeing the awe on the kids’ faces while visiting Santa.
8. Driving through neighborhoods and looking at all the Christmas lights and house decorations. (We always go for drives just to do this!)
9. Lots of free and low-cost Christmas concerts in area churches and schools.
10. Random acts of kindness, like shoveling or plowing the sidewalk or driveway of a neighbor, or paying for the person behind you at the drive-through.
11. Hot mochas and lattes.
12. Listening to great Christmas music for free on Pandora.
13. All the deals on just about everything at this time of year! It’s a deal-seeker’s paradise!
14. Finding that perfect gift for someone. Especially if it’s on sale.
15. Holiday get-togethers with friends and family.
16. Using my slow cooker regularly again. Coming home to something hot and ready in it!
17. Singing Christmas songs with the kids and decorating the tree and house. Hearing the kids knowing the music of Christmas better and better each year.
18. Sitting by a warm, crackling fire under a sherpa throw (these blankets are the BEST).
19. Reading Christmas books to the kids that we borrowed from the library. Watching Christmas movies, too.
20. Having snowball fights with the kids. Even when they’re brief as we’re rushing off somewhere.
21. The hustle and bustle.
22. The week after Christmas when all the hustle and bustle is over and life is quieter again.
23. Looking forward to the year ending and a new one beginning.
24. Church on Christmas Eve. Remembering and celebrating the real reason for the season.
25. Christmas Day. Stores actually being closed. Giving gifts. Receiving gifts. Being together. Everything about Christmas!
Share below what your favorite parts of the Christmas season as a Mom are!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!