To me, nothing’s better than chocolate and mint together. I found this double chocolate mint cookies recipe online a couple years ago – this is my own tweaked version. Note: It’s hard to eat only one of these!
Double Chocolate Mint Cookies Recipe
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder (I use Trader Joe’s unsweetened cocoa powder)
1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup Andes Crème de Menthe Baking chips + 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, OR 1 cup Nestle Toll House Winter Chocolate Chips (crème de menthe and dark chocolate –which is what I used)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine softened butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Slowly incorporate dry mixture into wet mixture.
5. Add the peppermint extract, and water (to moisten as dough may be dry).
6. Gently fold in the baking chips and chocolate chips.
7. Spoon tablespoon-sized balls of dough on to an ungreased cookie sheet (I line with aluminum foil).
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. The cookies will be soft and fragile. Let cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes – cookies will harden a bit as they cool. Then let remove and let cool on cooling rack. Enjoy!