Looking for a great Homemade Pizza Recipe?
This is my mother-in-law Claudia’s recipe and it’s the BEST! We ask her to make it every time we’re together and it always gets devoured by everyone.
It takes a little time but is worth it!
Makes 2 round 12” pizzas
1 package/packet of yeast
1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
2 to 2-1/2 cups flour – white or whole wheat
Contadina pizza sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, salt, oil and 1 cup of the flour. Stir dough vigorously for a few minutes, then add the rest of the flour about 1/2 cup at a time (you may not need all the flour) until the dough makes a sticky ball. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board or countertop and knead for about five minutes. Add just enough flour so the dough is somewhat sticky, but doesn’t stick to your hands as you knead it. Cover the dough and let rise in a draft-free area for at least 1/2 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Grease 2 pans with shortening. Grease your hands and split dough in two. Gently stretch the dough a little, place on the pan and gently stretch and push it in shape.
4. Spread about 1/3 can of Contadina pizza sauce on the dough. Top with pepperoni, sausage, veggies, or whatever you like or just leave plain for cheese pizza. Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
5. Bake in oven for about 10-12 minutes. Remove pizza from oven when the bottom is somewhat browned. Cover each pizza with about 8 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven for about 6 minutes until cheese is melted and bottom is brown.
Enjoy your Homemade Pizza with milk or a delicious salad to make your meal even more healthy!
(Pictures shown are of pepperoni pizza [top] and olive pizza variations.)