1. (Expired) Call your local JCPenney NOW to schedule a free haircut for your child! JCPenney is offering free haircuts for kids ages Kindergarten to 6th grade throughout the month of August. $14 value. Make an appointment NOW before space fills up! Find your nearest JCPenney salon. Twin Cities area salons include Rosedale (651-631-3330), Southdale (952-920-8101), Ridgedale (952-544-6000), Eden Prairie (952-944-6807), Maple Grove (763-416-1708) and Maplewood (651-779-3040).
2. Shop at your local thrift store for school supplies and clothes! We visited our local Savers recently and found school supplies including folders, binders, crayons, backpacks, and more! There was also a great selection of fall and winter clothing.
You don’t have to buy all used items for back to school. But buying gently used basics to accent a few brand new items is an inexpensive way stay “fashion-forward” without over-spending. I learned how much a family who shops at Savers can save and it’s worth it!:
• Save 71% when compared to a discount retailer
• Save 91% when compared to an upscale retailer
• Expect to spend about $90 on a full wardrobe for one child
3. Comparison shop before you go! I like Pocket Your Dollars‘ Price Comparison Chart of school supply deals. It compares 40+ items at 11 national retailers. She updates it weekly and has other deal info as well.
I welcome your ideas and suggestions!