Dedicated to all the other moms out there!
1. It’s possible to go-go-go all day, from early morning to late at night, and get nothing done. Seriously! Everything I did today I’ll have to do all over again tomorrow anyway.
2. Captain Crunch Oops! All Berries! cereal makes your poop blue.
3. Talking casually about poop doesn’t phase me anymore.
4. Bottles, sippy cups and diapers were designed to leak at the most inconvenient times (in the car, in your bed, on your lap…).
5. Even though The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Toy Story have been played at least 75 times in our house, I still find myself sitting down to watch them when they’re on.
6. Toys have a way of returning to the random place on the living room or kitchen floor that you just picked them up from.
7. Putting a baby to bed by letting him cry himself to sleep sounds good in theory, but have you heard my baby cry? Then after 20 minutes of screaming (not crying, SCREAMING) in the crib, seen him turn bright red, hyperventilate and reach out in desperation to be held? Sheesh – you might as well just punch me in the gut!
8. As a mom, if you’ve arrived somewhere on time, it’s probably because you forgot something. (Though if you’re late you still probably forgot something…)
9. You don’t know exhaustion until you have kids. No – college finals week doesn’t compare. At least after that you could fly to Cancun and leave it all behind!
10. I can’t remember life before coffee anymore (somehow I actually got through college without it…I REALLY admire moms who are also college students!).
11. (one more for the list – okay, so “this one goes to 11.”) No matter what kind of a day you’re having, kids have a way of always being happy and giving you more love than you ever thought you deserved. I can’t imagine life without them! 🙂