This is my variation of a Betty Crocker recipe for Homemade Chicken Pot Pie:
2 ready-made pie crusts (cheapest at ALDI)
1 1/2 cups of peas + carrots & potatoes cut up in small pieces
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup chopped onion
pinch of salt and pepper
can of chicken broth (14 oz)
2/3 cup milk
2-3 cups of cut up chicken or turkey (I cut up two cooked chicken breast halves)
How to Cook Chicken Pot Pie
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Melt butter in big cooking pot over medium heat.
3. Stir in flour, onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly; remove from heat.
4. Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
5. Stir in chicken and vegetables; remove from heat.
6. Stretch out one of the pie crusts over the bottom of an ungreased 13-inch square pan. Pour in the chicken mixture.
7. Cover with the other pie crust. Turn edges of crust over and flute. Cut out designs on top crust with knife or cookie cutter.
8. Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Tips and Tricks
When eating leftovers, I like to add some chicken gravy. I make the gravy by heating a can of cream of chicken soup with a little milk and it tastes great!
Share below what you think of my homemade chicken pot pie recipe!