Illnesses and injuries don’t always work around your schedule. Whether it’s an unplanned stomach bug at 8 a.m. on a school day or an unexpected sprained ankle during the big soccer game, sometimes waiting just isn’t an option. And for those non-emergent, non-life-threatening needs, there’s urgent care.
Urgent care centers, like MedExpress, offer treatment to patients of all ages for illness and injury, like the flu, broken bones, bites and stings, cuts, burns, scrapes, and more. Urgent care provides an easy, convenient, one-stop option for you and your family’s unscheduled, time-sensitive needs. So, before an unexpected illness or injury stops your day from running smoothly, take a few minutes to prepare for your next trip to urgent care with these five tips.
- Do your research. Get familiar with the services and treatments that your local urgent care center offers. Check out their website for a list of illnesses and injuries that they treat, as well as the types of treatment that they have available. Some urgent care centers even have more advanced offerings, like IVs, labs, EKGs, and X-rays, on site for your convenience.
- Find the location of your local center. Before that pesky flu hits your home, know the location and address of the urgent care center nearest you. MedExpress offers an easy-to-use online tool to find the center in your area. Quickly find driving directions, phone numbers, center hours, and more, so getting to your local center is a breeze.
- Know what to bring with you. The last thing you want to do when your little one is sick is show up to the doctor’s office without everything you need. Many urgent care centers help you plan for your visit by sharing a list of exactly what you need to bring with you, like a driver’s license or photo ID, insurance information, a list of medications, and more. Keep this list somewhere you’ll remember it, like on the refrigerator or in a notebook, so you can find it easily when you need it.
- Check your insurance. Understanding your insurance plan is an important step in managing healthcare costs and avoiding out-of-network pricing. Make sure to check whether your insurance is accepted before you go. MedExpress offers a convenient way to take the stress out of insurance, with accepted insurance listings by each location. Don’t have insurance? MedExpress offers affordable pricing for those without insurance.
- Hitch a ride. Illness and injury don’t wait until your car is out of the shop. To make your next trip to urgent care as convenient as possible, from start to finish, MedExpress offers the option to book a ride to your local center with Uber.
(Disclosure: This post is sponsored by MedExpress though all opinions are 100% mine. There are new locations in the Twin Cities including West St. Paul, Plymouth, and Eden Prairie, with many more to come! Visit their website for locations near you and check them out for quality, affordable urgent care! Also, read about my tour of MedExpress and why I recommend them!)