Did you know there are several ways to get free admission to museums and attractions in the Twin Cities?
#1 Many museums in the Twin Cities offer FREE admission on select days of the month. Here’s a roundup of museums and the days you can get in free!
- Como Zoo – St. Paul
Free every day
- Landmark Center – St. Paul
Free tours every Thursday at 11am and Sundays at Noon, and many other free events
- Minneapolis Institute of Art – Minneapolis
Free Tuesdays – Sundays except some exhibits; closed Mondays
- Minneapolis Sculpture Gardens – Minneapolis
Same as Walker Art Center – Free first Saturday of the month, Thursdays 5:00 – 9:00pm and for children 18 and under
- Minnesota Children’s Museum – St. Paul
Free every 3rd Sunday of the month
- Minnesota History Center – St. Paul
Free on Tuesdays 5:00 – 8:00pm
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum – Chaska
Free every 3rd Monday of the month, 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Minnesota State Capitol – St. Paul
Free guided tours every hour on Mondays to Saturdays from 10:00am – 2:00pm and Sundays 1:00 – 3:00pm
- Walker Art Center – Minneapolis
Free first Saturday of the month, Thursdays 5:00 – 9:00pm and for children 18 and under
#2 Get FREE admission with your library card!
The MELSA SmARTpass Program is an arts access program available to public library cardholders in the Twin Cities metro area. If you have a library card from one of the eight public library systems in the Twin Cities, you have the opportunity to reserve free and/or discounted admission to a wide range of arts experiences!
- Free admission to museums like the Minnesota Children’s Museum, Firefighters Hall & Museum, & Hennepin History Museum
- Free tickets for performances by the Minnesota Orchestra, Schubert Club and at many theaters
#3 Finally, if you or someone in your family is enrolled in a program as WIC, SNAP, or medical assistance, you or they may qualify for FREE or discounted admission to many museums! View the full list here!
Do you know of more to add to this list? Let me know in the comments or email me at twincitiesfrugalmom @ gmail.com!