FlyOver America has been in the Mall of America since spring of 2016, and it’s been definitely one of my favorite attractions in the Twin Cities. My whole family loves it – from my kids to my parents! It’s a flight simulator ride that gives you a 10-minute experience of flying over America – from the Statue of Liberty to . I reviewed it last year here.
And now for a limited time, in addition to FlyOver America, you can experience the same fun and adventure with FlyOver Canada! Alternating every 15 minutes with FlyOver America, FlyOver Canada takes you over beautiful mountains, prairies, valleys and cities of Canada. It was actually filmed over 12 months so you can experience Canada in all four seasons!
My family got to experience FlyOver Canada this summer and we loved it just as much as FlyOver America. Like FlyOver America, there is mist and there are scents throughout the ride. I think I noticed mist about a half dozen times as we “flew” through the clouds and Niagara Falls, and scents like trees when flying over forests. And the views were spectacular – I never knew how beautiful and diverse Canada’s landscapes are! I recommend the experience (even if just for the visually stunning end of the ride!).
Here’s a video glimpse from their website:
Tips for visiting and how to save on admission!
- The ride is generally for all ages, and the motion is minimal, but note it gets dark for a moment at the beginning and end, and you’ll probably want to stow any loose items including flip flops. 🙂
- You can buy tickets in person or online. It’s cheaper if you buy tickets online – but be sure to buy tickets through the Mall of America location’s website. There’s also another FlyOver Canada that is actually IN Canada – in Vancouver, actually. It’s the same ride, different location. Don’t mix them up!
There are various ways to save on admission:
- Save 15% by showing your Twin Cities Kids Club membership card. If you don’t have a membership card, you can get one free at an upcoming event or by ordering online (pay just a one-time $3.00 shipping/handling fee). I’m an owner of the Twin Cities Kids Club, so of course, I recommend getting a card. 🙂 Alternatively, even if you don’t have the card, you can save 15% by ordering tickets online using the code TCkids.
- Save 15% with this coupon from BloomingtonMN.org.
- Save 10% when you buy online without a discount code.
- Buy tickets for both FlyOver America and the SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium and save on both. Adults are $29.99 and kids are $22.99. (We love the SEA LIFE Aquarium too – read my review here.)