Discover the Dinosaurs UNLEASHED is coming to Minneapolis February 10 – 12!
We went to their event last year called Dinosaurs: A Family Adventure. It was pricey but turned out better than we expected. It was in a big space at the Minneapolis Convention Center (same place this year) and there were a ton of life-like dinosaurs and displays that were both interesting and educational. We all enjoyed it and spent 2-3 hours there.
This year, the exhibit is similar with the following attractions:
- Dinosaurs! A Walk-through Exhibit
- Themed Inflatables
- Meet a Meat-Eater
- Dino Rides
- Face Painting (additional charge)
- Fossil Dig
- Dino Den
- Photo opportunities
- Scavenger Hunt
- Cretaceous Crafts
- Fossil Panning (additional charge)
- Dino Raceway
- Mesozoic Mini Golf
- Fossil Etching
Read more about the attractions on their website here!
Minneapolis Convention Center
1301 2nd Avenue S.
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Friday, February 10th 2:00 – 8:00pm
Saturday, February 11th 9:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday, February 12th 9:00am – 7:00pm
Buy Online in advance and get $3 off per ticket with code JDRF. Discount applies to general admission tickets online only (not T-Rex ticket). For each ticket sold using the code JDRF, $1 is donated back to the foundation for type 1 diabetes research.
Ticket prices range from $19.00 – 56.00.
- $56/T-Rex Ticket (ages 2-12): includes one child admission ticket (see below for details), Face Paint Small Design, 3lb Fossil Find bag, Make-and-Take T-shirt and Green Screen Photo Print
- $26/Child (ages 2-12): includes access to exhibition, attractions including Valley of the Bones, Ride the Dinosaurs, Cretaceous Crafts and Kids Adventure Zone*
- $19/Senior: discounted tickets available to patrons 65 years or older
- $22/Adult (13+)
- $19/Groups: discounted tickets available online for groups of 10+; pricing varies by city. Discount excludes T-Rex Tickets.
- Children under 2 free with paid adult
Note that additional fees apply for for face painting, Green Screen Photo Print, Make & Take T-Shirts, and Fossil Find. These can be purchased at the Souvenir Shop inside the exhibit.
Parking: Expect to pay probably around $10 for parking. Parking info here.
My Thoughts on Pricing?
Yes – the tickets are pricey. It can add up easily to over $100, but I felt it was a unique experience that the kids will love. The music, sound effects and exhibits are impressive, especially to little ones. We did spend a couple hours here last year, and learned some interesting things. The lines for the dino rides and other activities were long though, and of course, the gift shop was right in the middle of the exhibit, so you HAVE to walk through it (which is annoying). And the face painting and bouncy houses cost extra, which we passed on. But overall it was fun. Decide for your family – I always advocate for spending money on experiences rather than things, but each family should decide for themselves.
I’ve partnered with Discover the Dinosaurs: UNLEASHED and TwinCitiesKidsClub.com to offer a ticket giveaway! Enter to win a family ticket 4-pack! Enter by filling out the Rafflecopter form below by Thursday, February 2nd at 11:00pm. Winner will be contacted by email and have 24 hours to reply. Good luck!