Dads, you work hard, and let’s face it – you need some r & r sometimes, including time to hang out with other dads going through ups and downs just like you.
In 2012, right here in St. Paul, a group of dads started Father’s Eve for this very reason.
What is Father’s Eve?
Father’s Eve is a night out for dads to celebrate fatherhood together with competitive games, awesome food and manly door prizes. It now takes place in 12 cities across the country. Plus, it’s all for a good cause!
Fathers Eve is about finding the right way to bring dads together to strengthen each other and talk about being dads. In 2015 the event caught the attention of local media including the Star Tribune, and had an attendance of approx. 120 dads! This year’s St. Paul event takes place at O’Gara’s Bar and Grill, 164 Snelling Avenue North.
Good for Dads and the Community
Locally, Father’s Eve is sponsoring The Father Project, a local MN initiative powered by the Goodwill Easter Seals to help fathers support their families economically and emotionally.
Nationally, they are supporting The At-Home Dad Network, providing support, education and advocacy for dads who are primary caregivers to their children.
Join other local dads the night before Father’s Day for some stories and FUN!
How to Participate
Tickets are available for $45, and include all of this:
- Connecting with other dads – share some stories and FUN
- Silent and Live Auctions and fun games to raise funds – Contributing to goal of $10,000 charity donation split to above charity groups
- Hearty meal with, sides and a beverage
- 1 raffle ticket with huge prizes
- $50+ worth of swag (event t-shirt and more)
- Intense bean bag competitions – brackets and prizes
- Hammerschlagen – fun with a hammer!
- Beer, wine and liquor tasting – try something new
- Live cigar rolling – buy one there
- … and much more!
I have a ticket 2-pack to give away, worth $90! Enter to win them by filling out the Rafflecopter form below by Monday, June 13th by 11:00pm. Winner will be randomly chosen on Tuesday, June 14th and contacted by email. Good luck!